One of the fruit of being born again is in knowing that you have a relationship with Jesus Christ and God the Father.
I fear that a lot of the church has an “imagined” relationship with God. That is, they have never really experienced a true relationship with God, so they imagine that they have this relationship – but they really don’t. Maybe they think that serving God is having a relationship with Him. Or that going to Church on Sunday and listening to the message is having a relationship with Him. NONE of these things indicate a relationnship with God.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
– Do you fellowship with God? (e.g. tell Him about your day, how things are going etc) and have Him respond to you in some way you can recognise?
– Do you think of Him on and off all day? (ie. do you love Him?)
– Can you “hear” His voice?
– Does He direct your path?
– Do you consult God on decisions you need to make?
We are made Spirit, Soul and Body. (1 Thes 5:23). Unless our spirits are born again they can not connect with Gods spirit (Holy Spirit) and then there can not be any relationship with God. (John 3:5).
if you are truely honest with yourself, and the answer is that you have never really experienced this true fellowship with God, I’d like to encourage you to have someone pray for you to be baptised in the Holy Spirit.